Interviews with top designers
Learn how these designers got started, get clients and keep motivated.
1. When did you realise you wanted to be a freelance designer? Ever since secondary school, aged 13, I can't remember the exact moment but I did graphics at school and enjoyed it so much I started a business doing it. 2. How did you get started and what was the...read more
1. When did you realize you wanted to be a freelance designer / self employed? I first started thinking about it around 1998 or so when I had my first art rep and was doing a lot of freelance illustration work while I worked at Upper Deck in California. Then in 2002...read more
1. When did you realise you wanted to be a freelance designer? To make a long story short – I started teaching myself web and graphic design freshman year of high school. A friend and I had a comic and cartoon animation series that we wanted to share with the world....read more
1. When did you realise you wanted to be a freelance designer? I’m not sure that I ever made a conscious decision to be freelance, per se. I guess I had just always assumed that whatever I did with my art, I would be doing it on my own. I had seen my father work a job...read more
1. When did you realise you wanted to be a freelancer? I always wanted to be one, something about working in your underwear, making your own hours and playing bad music as loud as you want just sounds so appealing. It wasn’t until I got my first big editorial client...read more
1. How did you get started in Freelancing? How did you land your first customer? Once I had started to create digital art, I posted it on forums and communities etc..my first customer saw some of my earlier works, and thought I could create something for one of their...read more